Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year, New Me!

I've been doing really well with my eating lately. It's made me feel great. (Although, I still love my coca-cola!) Lots of whole or multi-grains, healthy snacks and fruits and veggies. At lunch I try to have salad with nuts, fruit and chicken in it. At dinner, since there is always someone else preparing the meal for us, I fill my plate with 2/3's full of salad and veggies. I don't deny myself either. If I want something sweet, I eat it with my meal. You will digest your dessert with your meal. I am going to exercise 3-4 times weekly. Even if it is just for 10 minutes a day.

I have been making goals that are too drastic. I do my "routine" for a week, then quit because I realize it's just not realistic. I can't exepct myself to work out for an hour everyday, espeically when I have a good book I am reading. So, working out 10-30 3-4 times a week and just eating better are my goals. My goal is to be healthy, (an smokin hot, as well) but I am not going to build up all this hope to looking great in a month or something. It's just not going to work like that for me. I worked out everyday for an hour in high school and college, but I had a gym, TIME, and FRIENDS to help support me. Now, I am on my own, working out to a dvd on my tv at home. Awesome. So, I'll take it slow. No drastic diets...yet. No drastic goals. Just work my way up to higher intervals. I do know that it would be easier for me if I had a friend to work out with, but maybe this will be a chance for me to do something on my own.

2 comments:

  1. One thing that I think a lot of people don't get when they start a new years resolution is that in order to truely make a resolution, you have to make a life change. So many people now adays are like... okay, I'm going to lose 20 lbs and then i'll go back to eating whatever I want. To keep it off though, you have to stick with it... thats the hard part. I've done the workout dvd thing... hate it. I have to go out and get some fresh air everyday. Something about the sunlight and actually going somewhere and knowing that I can't just turn off the dvd when it starts getting hard helps me. You've got to have friends to motivate you too. What about one of the residents at the place where you live? There have got to be so many people looking for a friend and someone to talk to. I'm so excited for you and for the progress you've made. Keep it up! You're an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brooke! It's great to have some positive reinforcement. Where we live now, the families are in and out. There is no constant interaction. I could do it with the people I work with, except we work opposite shifts. I am thinking about joining Planet Fitness cause they have a good monthly price and 1 dollar enrollment. I am sure that is a place I could meet people.

    And if I lived in AZ, I would go outside everyday too, as it is, it's pretty freezing here! Will's poor fingers go numb, even when I wrap them up!

    ReplyDelete