Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Getting Started

On this blog, I'll be documenting my journey to getting healthy and having a positive body image.

Since having my baby, and not being one of those very fortunate ladies who just drops the baby weight immediately, I have very much struggled with my eating habits and body image. I have always tried to stay fit. I'm not the self motivating type though. In high school, I stayed fit by taking the weight training class. That's right, I stayed fit and got graded on it. While I was in collage, I stayed fit by walking to my classes on campus and working at a daycare chasing little people around all day.

When I got pregnant, I was still fairly active with my jobs...then I had to go on bed rest. And sit there with nothing but the TV and food in front of my face. I am definitely one of those people who eats out of being board.

I'll go ahead and say it, I gained 50 pounds while being pregnant. I went from 125 before my pregnancy to 175 in EIGHT short months. That's right. During the first few weeks I did drop about 25 pounds. I suppose that was mostly water weight.

Soon after Will was born, and the weather started getting nice again, I started walking around the block. It was three miles to walk from my door, around the block and back to my door. It was great. I was feeling awesome. Then, I started losing my milk supply. I was nursing my sweet little baby and the last thing I wanted was to loose my precious milk. So, I stopped working out. Started taking an herb called Fenugreek and worked on building up my supply again. I had lost about 10 pounds.

Now that Will is eight months old. Now that I am tired of being "frumpy." I am going to lose the weight! I am going to find fun, creative and TASTY ways in losing the weight. I'll post updates about my workouts and (hopefully) yummy recipes.

Before the baby weight:I know it's not the best shot, but it's the only full body shot I have on the computer where I'm not wearing a long white dress.


This is me now:This picture makes me CRINGE.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



This week was my first full week on the Mitch Gaylord Melt It Off program. His work outs are GREAT. Andy can already notice a difference in my "Aura". I am loving how working out is making me feel AMAZING! I really get those endorphins going and you can see it.

So, let's help each other in that goal to become healthy and fit from a mommy's point of view!

4 comments:

  1. It's so great that you're getting in shape. One thing that the lactation consultant recommended to me to get my milk supply up was to pump whenever Esley finishes eating so that you get more stimulation. She also recommended a tea called Mother's milk (you can just get it at the grocery store or at whole foods) in addition to taking fenugreek. It really helped. I'm excited to hear about your weight loss journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awsome!!! What a great idea ~ let's loose this baby weight! ( can I still call it that even though my baby is almost 5 yrs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gained 50lbs too...lost most of it, but have a bit to go. My sister is getting married in December and I'm determined to, well, make sure the curves are in the right places. I'll do it too and let you know if I find some good recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! Good luck! I hope to be able to lose with you!

    ReplyDelete